Thursday, October 18, 2012

Polished Aluminum and stainless steel

So many motorcyle parts are made of aluminum, brass, stainless steel, and plastic.
A lot of these just look great when polished. Polished aluminum looks some time better than good triple plated chrome does. I polished some of my parts and had a friend do a whole lot more of them.

Ebay has the how-to polishing DVD set from Eastwood, the auto accessories vendor. I grabbed them and I like them. They walk you through the polishing process from getting the equipment and compounds all the way to the finished product. Recommended. Eastwood is not cheap, but they offer good values and know their stuff, in my opinion.

Here is a You Tube vid from Eastwood



Polished Shovelhead cases





 Primary cover - shovelhead 4-speed type



                                                                      

No comments: